FullStop

Hie.
I'm just gonna use this whenever I want to.
Like,
Just to get things out of my mind.
Only when I need to put things into words.
No story.
No excitement.
Nothing.

Call it a semi-public thought of my own.

Click here to go to my other blog

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

MJ RIP

"I love him. So. Much"
The last few spoken words coming out from his daughter's heart melted mine
After more than a week of his death, only did i feel the tears burning my eyes
Together with my cousin and sister.
I closed my eyes and sang
'Heal the world, make it a better place.'
Tears streamed down my cheeks.

Why did he leave?

The one who made people faint
Made people go into hysterics
Even made guys cry
Just by singing

The King of Pop,
To me,
When I was too young to understand who he is
He was known as "The-Guy-Who-Makes-People-Faint"
"The-Guy-With-The-Super-High-Voice"
"The-Guy-Who-Spins-Around-Like-Crazy-But-Never-Gets-Dizzy"
I didn't know who he was back then
But I didn't care
I loved dancing around the living room with my family, watching one of his videos
I miss that
I love trying so hard to unsuccessfully learn his moves

Remembering the time when his song, Beat It, i think
was played on the radio
My mom immediately stopped the car, in the garage
Turned the radio on at Maximum volume
And all of us started dancing around the car

Thinking back on all the songs I've been listening to during my childhood,
His are the only songs I can remember listening to
Seriously

Seeing him doing his moonwalk,
The "Zombie" move on Thriller,
Inspired me to dance
Made me love dancing

Every year,
We have dinner with my maternal side family in KL
And every year
Without fail
His songs were played
His moves were "amateuredly" danced
Without fail

Once, while we were strolling around some park in KL,
I even thought that I sorta-met him
Just because I heard someone singing his songs
I was determined to go to his concert
To see him in action
But fate played Devil
Leaving my dream, a dream

Eng Li and I screamed at the TV while watching one of his videos
I think it was the first time I ever screamed at the TV that loud before
Even louder than at cute guys

Watching the Tribute,
It got me thinking
Why is it when someone dies
Only do we realise how much they mean to us?
Listening to what the people have to say about MJ on stage,
Got me thinking,
Why is it when he dies that they say such stuff?
Trying to sing along with the crowd on TV
Got me thinking
Why didn't I learn all his songs?
Before it was too late

We should have memorial services before people die
Say only good things about them
Before it is too late
Instead of saying "I will always love you"
Knowing the dead can't hear
We should say "I will always love you"
Knowing the living still hears us

I'm sorry for not knowing all your songs
I'm sorry for not knowing your dance moves
I'm sorry for not being a fanatic, learning everything about you

This shows that
To be a fan,
One need not know all the lyrics
One need not know the songs
One need not know the dance moves
One need not know the story
One just have to believe
Believe in everything he does
Knowing to differentiate the truth from the false
Knowing that he let his heart out in everything
Knowing that the accusations are fake
Defend him when others say he's a gay phedophile
Defend him when others say he bleached his skin
WHAT?!

He's not the King of Pop
He's the GOD of Pop
He not only changed the world of music
He changed ours

I was, am and always will be
His fan
No matter what

"I'll make my kids love you
My grandkids love you
My great-grand kids love you
And so on and on"



He was not just one in a million
not one in a billion
He was the only one in this world

Maybe he left
But he is still here with us




Love,
Lily




"In death, MJ has made the kind of spectacle he made in his life"

No comments: